Last year at Labour Party Conference I really struggled to find decent vegan food to eat. Which led me to eating a diet of predominately chips! Some of that was due to it not being readily available but also in part due to me not being as prepared as I could have been.
Below is a list of places serving Vegan Food in Brighton!
This list is by no mean exhaustive and predominately focuses on establishments near where I am staying. It also doesn’t include the normal high st places like Pret, M&S etc
- Eat Naked, 16 East Street Arcade, BN1 1HR. Open 9am-4pm
- Glazed (Vegan donuts)! 25 Ditching Road, BN1 4SB. Sat: 8am-4pm, Sun: 9-5pm, Mon: 8am-4pm
- The Coffee Counter, 25 Church Street, BN1 1RB. Sat: 9am-6pm, Sun: 10am-4pm, Mon: 8am-3pm
- Larder (Sandwich Shop) 53 Gardner Street, BN1 1UN. 10am-5pm
- You Juice, 96 North Street. Sun: 11am-4pm, Mon:10am-6pm
- Infinity Foods Kitchen, 50 Gardner Street, BN1 1UN. Sat:9am-5pm, Sun: 9am-4pm, Mon:9am-5pm
- Infinity Foods Shop (Whole food shop), 25 North Road, BN1 1YA
- Our Cornish Pastry Shop, 24 Gardiner Street, BN1 1UP. Sat: 9am-6pm, Sun: 11am-5pm, Mon: 9.30am-6.30pm
- Boho Gelato, 6 Pool Valley, BN1 1NJ
- Gelato Gusto, 2 Gardner Street, Sat/Sun: 11am-6pm, Mon:11.30am-6pm
- Victory Pub, Duke Street, BN1 1AH. Sat: 12pm- 7pm, Sun: 11am-4pm, Mon: 12pm-8pm
- Food For Friends, 17 Prince Albert Street, The Lanes. 12pm-10pm
- Happy Maki, 8 Poole Valley, BN1 1NJ. Sat 12pm-8pm, Sun 12pm-8pm
- Hope and Ruin, 11-12 Queens Road. Sat: 12pm – 9pm, Sun: 12pm-7pm, Mon: 12pm-10pm
- Dead Wax Social, Sat: 12pm-3pm, Sun: 12pm-2pm, Mon: 12pm – 2pm
- Loving Hut – North Laine. 48 Gardner Street, BN1 1UN. Sun:11am-7pm, Mon:11am-7pm
- Wai Kika Moo Kau, 11a Kensington Gardens, BN1 4AL. Sat:9am-9pm, Sun: 10am-5pm, Mon: 9.30am-5pm
I think I’m most excited about Glazed. Donuts and Coffee for breakfast – what could go wrong!
My other tips for conference are bring lots of snacks, cereal bars etc. If you accommodation allows, make up some food options to bring with you, sandwiches etc.